Dhruba Sharma is actively involved in managing academic programmes, scientific research management,
and project management for the last 14 years. He has long experience of managing multiinstitutional and
multidisciplinary programs funded by Government of India. He has over two years experience of
handling and managing internationally funded projects by US-AID, GIZ and ICIMOD. Dr. Sharma is also
having teaching experience at post gradute level. He was involved in designing the benefit sharing
mechanism for REDD+ in the India under US-AID Forest PLUS programme. He has also drafting DPR
on Climate Adaptation Plan for Telangana State. Dr. Sharma is a pioneer in reporting aerial biodiversity
of South Assam in relation to human health and allergic disorders. He has handled several research
projects on various biological fields including ecology, biodiversity, aerobiology, forest based livelihoods
and forest ecosystem services. He has trained a large number forest officials and rural community
members of NER and other parts of the country on forest management, alternative livelihoods and NTFP
- Ph.D. in Microbial Ecology, Prof. B.K. Dutta, AU Silchar and
Dr. A. B. Singh, IGIB, Delhi.2006
- M.Sc. in Ecology Assam University, Silchar 2000
- B.Sc. with Zoology (H) Assam University, Silchar 1998
- H.S. with PCB CBSE 1995
- Certificate course- Health Research Fundamentals ICMR-NIE 2017
- Certificate course- Intellectual Property Rights IITK 2018
- Certificate course- Human Resource Development IITM 2018
- Certificate course- Remote Sensing, GIS and Global Positioning System IIRS, Derhadun 2009
- Deputy Registrar (Academic) — IASST, Guwahati — August 2019 to till date
- Program Manager — National Centre for Biological Science (NCBS, TIFR), Bangalore — November 2016 to July
- Manager-Forestry cum Training Coordinator — IORA Ecological Solutions, New Delhi — May 2015 to October 2016
- Research Officer — Regional Centre, NAEB,
Shillong — September 2011 to July
- CSIR- Research Associate — Rajiv Gandhi University
(RGU), Itanagar — May 2009- August 2011
- Project Associate — Dept. of Forestry, NERIST, Nirjuli — May 2008 to October 2008
- Research Associate — Centre of Biodiversity, RGU, Itanagar — January 2007- March 2008
- Junior Research Fellow — Department of Ecology, Assam University, Silchar — July 2002-June 2006
- Awarded CSIR independent Research Associateship in the year 2009 for the research project on
“Studies on the distribution of fungal communities in soil along an elevation gradient in Arunachal
- DST Travel Award for attending International Conference on Mycology, Scotland, 2010.
- Life member of National Environmental Science Academy
- Life Member of Assam Science Society
- Life member of Indian Aerobiological Society
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
About 30 publications in various international as well as in national journals including publication in
referred journal with impact factor. List of few important publications are:-
- Bhan M, SharmaD, Ashwin AS and Mehra S (2017). Policy forum: Nationally-determined
climate commitments of the BRICS: At the forefront of forestry-based climate change mitigation.
Forest Policy and Economics 85(1): 172–175 [IF- 3.099].
- Sharma D, Yami H and Shukla AK (2016). Antifungal activities of essential oils from four
commonly used ethno-medicinal plants. Asian Journal of Ethnopharmacology and Medicinal
Foods 1: 25-31 [IF- 3.997].
- Sharma D, Dutta BK and Singh AB (2010) Exposure to indoor fungi in different working
environments: A comparative study. Aerobiologia 26: 327-337 [IF-2.155].
- Sharma D, Dutta BK and Singh AB (2009) Biochemical and immunological studies on eight
pollen types from South Assam, India. Iranian Journal of Allergy Asthma and Immunology 8(4):
- Sharma D, Dutta BK, Singh AB and Shome BR (2007) Aerobiological, biochemical and
immunological studies on some of the dominant Aspergillus species of South Assam (India).
Aerobiologia. 23: 201-210 [IF-2.155].
- Sharma D, Gosai K, Dutta J, Shukla AK (2015). Fungal diversity of twelve major vegetational
zones of Arunachal Himalaya, India (2014). Curr Res Environ Appl Mycol J Fungal Biol 5(2):
- Lyngwi NA, Koijam K,Sharma D and Joshi SR (2012). Culturable bacterial diversity along the
altitudinal zonations and vegetations of tropical Eastern Himalayan range. Revista de Biologia
Tropical 61 (1), 467-490 [IF-0.55].
- Sharma D, Tiwari BK, Chaturvedi SS, Dingdoh E (2014). Status, utilization and economic
valuation of non-timber forest products of Arunachal Pradesh, India (2015) Journal of Forests
and Environmental Science (JFS) 31(1): 24-37.
- Tiwari B.K., Deb S, Tynsong H, Lynrah M, Lapasam E and Sharma D (2013). Institutional
arrangement and typology of community forests of Meghalaya, Mizoram and Nagaland, North-
East India. Journal of Forestry Research 24(1): 179-186 [IF-1.47].
- Sharma D and Shukla AK (2008). Starch hydrolysis and alpha-amylase activity of Aspergillus
and Chaetomium. Asian Journal of Biochemistry 3 (5): 284-289 [IF-0.38].
- Sharma D, Subramanian B and Arunachalam A (2010). Bio-ethanol production from
LemnagibbaL. Current Science 98 (9): 1163 [IF-0.9].
- Sharma D and Shukla AK (2007) The α-amylase activity of Streptomyces species SDI. Bulletin
of Pure and Applied Science 26B (1& 2): 31-40.
- Sharma D, Dutta BK and Singh AB (2004) Studies on seasonal and annual variations in
atmospheric pollen and fungal spores of Greater Silchar Assam. Indian Journal of Aerobiology 17
- Saini S, Thapliyal P, Kanchana, SharmaD, Sinha G and Mehra S (2016). NTFPs value chain
development for Rural Communities of Madhya Pradesh, India- A case study of Chakoda (Cassia
tora L.). The International Journal of Managing Value and Supply Chains 7(3): 19-30.
- Gogoi P and Sharma D (2013). Microbial contamination of community pond water in Dibrugarh
district of Assam. Current World Environment 8(1): 85-91.
- Sharma D and Arunachalam A (2007) Malbrancheagypsea BCF- A saprophytic fungal species
new to North East India. Bulletin of Arunachal Forest Research 23 (1&2): 1-3.
- Rawat JS, Sharma D, Nimachow G and Dai O (2010) Energy efficient chulha in rural Arunachal
Pradesh. Current Science 98 (12): 1554-1555 [IF-0.9].