- Organic Linker Design
- Metal Organic Frameworks (MOFs) with functional versatility.
- Naphthalene Diimide based MOFs.
- Fabrication of MOF-Polymer composites.
- MOF based thin film devices.
- Application in detection/capture of gases, ions of environmental concern.
- Ph.D. (Jul, 2013-Jan, 2018), Centre for Nanotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology-Guwahati, Assam, India.
- M.Sc. (Inorganic Chemistry), B. Borooah College, Gauhati University (2011).
- B.Sc. (Chemistry Hons.) B. Borooah College, Gauhati University (2009).
- DST-INSPIRE Faculty (Oct, 2018-present), Physical Science Division, Institute of Advanced Study in Science and Technology (IASST)-Guwahati, Guwahati-781035, Assam, India.Topic: A Facile Strategy Towards Naphthelene Diimide based Metal Organic Frameworks-Polymer Composite Membrane as Traps for Selective Capture of CO2.
- UGC-Dr. D. S. Kothari Postdoctoral Fellow (DSKPDF) (Jun, 2018-Sept, 2018), Department of Chemical Sciences, Tezpur University, Tezpur-784028, Assam, India. Mentor: Prof. Niranjan Karak, Topic: Development of Smart Adsorbents Based on Polymer Nanocomposite Hybrid Hydrogels for Environmental Remediation.
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF) (Jan, 2012-Sept, 2013), Centre for Nanotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Guwahati-781039, Assam, India.Supervisor: Prof. Parameswar K Iyer Topic: Design, Development and Fabrication of OLED, Organic Solar Cells and Organic FETs based on Molecular, Polymeric and Composite Materials.
Awards, Fellowships received
- Awarded “DST-INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship in Material Sciences for January 2018 Call” by Government of India, Ministry of Science & Technology, New Delhi, India.
- Awarded “UGC-Dr. D. S. Kothari Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2017-18” in Chemical Sciences by MHRD Empowered Committee, University Grants Commission, New Delhi, India.
- Awarded Direct Senior Research Fellowship “CSIR-SRF, 2014-2015”, by Council of Scientific & Industrial Research and University Grant Commission, New Delhi, India.
- Qualified “GATE-2014 in Chemistry” (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) examination organized by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- Selected the Master’s Project for financial support from Assam Science Technology & Environment Council (ASTEC), Guwahati, Assam, India.
- Awarded “Summer Research Fellowship by UGC-Networking Resource Centre in Chemistry-2010” at Hyderabad Central University (HoU).
- Life Member of Assam Science Society.
- Anamika Kalita*, Akhtar Hussain Malik, Neelotpal Sen Sarma, “Stimuli‐Responsive Naphthalene Diimide as Invisible Ink: A Rewritable Fluorescent Platform for Anti‐Counterfeiting”. Chem. Asian J. 2020, 15, 1074-1080.
- Nehal Zehra, Anamika Kalita, Akhtar Hussain Malik, Ujjwol Barman, Mohammad Adil Afroz, Parameswar Krishnan Iyer. “Conjugated Polymer-Based Electrical Sensor for Ultratrace Vapor-Phase Detection of Nerve Agent Mimics”. ACS Sens. 2020, 5, 191-198.
- Mohammad Ansari, Avishek Banik, Anamika Kalita, Parameswar Iyer, Mohammad Qureshi. “Multifunctional Hierarchical 3-D ZnO Superstructures Directly Grown over FTO Glass Substrate: Enhanced Photovoltaic and Selective Sensing Applications”. Mater. Chem. A, 2018, 15868-15887.
- Akhtar Hussain Malik; Anamika Kalita & Parameswar K. Iyer. “Development of Well Preserved, Substrate-Versatile Latent Fingerprints by Aggregation Induced Enhanced Emission Active Conjugated Polyelectrolyte”. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2017, 9, 37501-37508.
- Anamika Kalita; Sameer Hussain; Akhtar Hussain Malik; Ujjwol Barman; Namami Goswami & Parameswar K. Iyer. “Anion-Exchange Induced Strong π-π Interactions in Single Crystalline Naphthalene Diimide for Nitroexplosive Sensing: An Electronic Prototype for Visual on-Site Detection”. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2016, 8, 25326-25336.
- Anamika Dey; Ashish Singh; Anamika Kalita; Dipjyoti Das & Parameswar K. Iyer. “High Performance, Low Operating Voltage n-type Organic Field Effect Transistor based on Inorganic-Organic bilayer Dielectric System”. Phys. Condens. Matter: Conference Series, 2016, 704, 012017 (1-8).
- Anamika Kalita; Anamika Dey & Parameswar K. Iyer. “The Effect of Inorganic/organic Dual Dielectric Layers on the Morphology and Performance of n-channel OFETs”. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2016, 18, 12163-12168.
- Akhtar Hussain Malik; Sameer Hussain; Anamika Kalita & Parameswar K. Iyer. “Conjugated Polymer Nanoparticles for the Amplified Detection of Nitro-explosive Picric Acid on Multiple Platforms”. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2015, 7, 26968-26976.
- Anamika Kalita; Sameer Hussain; Akhtar Hussain Malik; Nimmakayala V. V. Subbarao & Parameswar K. Iyer. “Vapor Phase Sensing of Ammonia at Sub-ppm Level Using Perylene Diimide Thin Film Device”. Mater. Chem. C, 2015, 3, 10767-10774.
- Anamika Kalita; Nimmakayala V. V. Subbarao & Parameswar K. Iyer. “Large-Scale Molecular Packing and Morphology-Dependent High Performance Organic Field-Effect Transistor by Symmetrical Naphthalene Diimide Appended with Methyl Cyclohexane”. Phys. Chem. C, 2015, 119, 12772-12779.
- Anamika Dey; Anamika Kalita & Parameswar K. Iyer. “High-Performance n-Channel Organic Thin-Film Transistor Based on Naphthalene Diimide”. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2014, 6, 12295-12301.
- Anamika Kalita and Pranjal Barman, Chapter 9: Natural Polymer-Based Bionanocomposites as Smart Adsorbents for Removal of Metal Contaminants from Water in ed. Hybrid Nanocomposites: Fundamentals, Synthesis, and Applications. Jenny Stanford Publishing, 2019, ISBN: 9789814800341, DOI: 10.1201/9780429000966.
- Biswajit Choudhury and Anamika Kalita,Chapter 3: Defect Engineered Inorganic Materials for Supercapacitors in ed. Inorganic Nanomaterials for Supercapacitor Design. CRC Press, 2020, ISBN: 9780367230005. DOI:10.1201/9780429277900.
- facile strategy towards Naphthelene Diimide based Metal Organic frameworks-Polymer Composite Membrane as Traps for Selective Capture of CO2, Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. Of India, Duration: 5 Years, Cost: 35lacs.(Ongoing)
To be updated soon….
- Students for internship and project work, kindly email me at anamik[dot]kalita01[at]gmail[dot]com/anamika[at]iasst[dot]gov[dot]in